Vegan MeatOn August 16, 2019 by Isabella Gregory
I’m an omnivore and therefore open-minded. I’ve always enjoyed a good burger, given that it was farmed in a sustainable way. That being said, I enjoy vegan food as well. However, I tend to prefer knowing exactly what I’m eating. One day, not too long ago, I ate my first vegan meat. I did not know that it was vegan! At least right away.
A few months ago I was preparing to eat a nice spaghetti and meatball dinner. I was preparing to eat, but I did not prepare the meal. When it was ready, I was called to eat. It looked great! The pasta, red sauce, and meatballs have always been a treat for me. However, there was something “off” when I chewed the meat.
It wasn’t bad. It was just different. I found out soon after that the “meat” was actually a plant-based creation. I was very surprised that what I was eating could actually pass for real meat. Because technology continues to increase, these types of options are now readily available.
A quick trip to grocery stores such as Whole Foods or Mom’s Organics will show this. There, one can find vegan “meat” and other vegan options. They even sell vegan “meats” at Trader Joe’s and will probably start selling them at large chain stores. That is, of course, if people begin purchasing this product regularly. Click here to get more about vegetarian alternatives.
Grocery stores aren’t the only places one can find vegan “meat”. A hip burger joint in my city has begun selling plant-based “meat” burgers. Will it catch on! Time will tell. However, for vegans, this is a time to be excited about. People who don’t eat meat have their reasons. They might love animals or simply want to eat healthier. Either way, this option should satisfy them since they have more choices.
- A special version of soy sauce, liquid aminos basically taste like magic. Liquid aminos have very rich umami flavor. Umami …Read More »
- If you’re a fan, you can make your own nut milk at home. Making vegan milk at home is easy …Read More »
- Many people associate the word vegan with plant-eating. People know that vegans, or vegetarians, do not eat meat. But there’s …Read More »
- I’m an omnivore and therefore open-minded. I’ve always enjoyed a good burger, given that it was farmed in a sustainable …Read More »
- Tastes change over time. Perhaps I should say tastes change over generations. It’s a slow process. In the 1950s, TV …Read More »
- Shout out to the Local Green Company of the week! Best Boca Raton Handyman is helping local business’ with mindfulness …Read More »
- The planet seems to be going to He** and the human body is going right along with it. Because of …Read More »