The Popularity of Vegan FoodOn July 30, 2019 by Isabella Gregory
Tastes change over time. Perhaps I should say tastes change over generations. It’s a slow process. In the 1950s, TV dinners were widespread. These days, people are generally healthier. They are healthier because we know how bad those meals are for us. In the quest to become healthier, some opt to choose vegan food.
Not everyone who eats vegan food is a vegan. Does this make sense? I know it sounds counter-intuitive. Let’s put it a different way. Take someone who drinks a diet coke. Yes, their drink is the diet version of the pop (some might say “soda”). However, that person is not necessarily on a diet. In the same way, a person can eat a vegan meal and not be a vegan.
This person eating the vegan meal might be doing so for the first time. Perhaps they are trying out a new lifestyle. Yes, there is a vegan lifestyle! There are vegan websites, vegan magazines, and vegan beliefs. The vegan lifestyle is just as real as a dieting lifestyle or other lifestyle.
Vegan food is becoming more popular because people perceive it to be a healthier option. You won’t find much vegan food at most fast food restaurants. Vegan food can be found in higher end food stores such as Whole Foods. Smaller chains, like Mom’s Organic, also highlight the vegan lifestyle and therefore carry many vegan products. Checkout more about vegan food on www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325220.php
In the never-ending desire to become healthier, more people may try vegan food. Some may like it. Some may not like it. But one thing is for sure. Vegan food is more popular now than it was a few decades ago. There are many options as well. Therefore, people are sure to find an option they would find tasty. There are even vegan versions of popular foods such as hot dogs or pizza. Head to Whole Foods and see the options!
- A special version of soy sauce, liquid aminos basically taste like magic. Liquid aminos have very rich umami flavor. Umami …Read More »
- If you’re a fan, you can make your own nut milk at home. Making vegan milk at home is easy …Read More »
- Many people associate the word vegan with plant-eating. People know that vegans, or vegetarians, do not eat meat. But there’s …Read More »
- I’m an omnivore and therefore open-minded. I’ve always enjoyed a good burger, given that it was farmed in a sustainable …Read More »
- Tastes change over time. Perhaps I should say tastes change over generations. It’s a slow process. In the 1950s, TV …Read More »
- Shout out to the Local Green Company of the week! Best Boca Raton Handyman is helping local business’ with mindfulness …Read More »
- The planet seems to be going to He** and the human body is going right along with it. Because of …Read More »